Adsense Leaderboard

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Effective Money Management

I had stopped trading for awhile during this period to review my trading strategies. This period is full of holidays, so its a good time to take a break too. One of the key things that I'm going to incorporate into my strategies is a good understanding of money management methods.

Most people are aware that they should only risk 2%-3% of their total capital when trading. I learn that this is called the fixed fractional money management method, and there's another method called the fix ratio money management method. Besides buying the book by Ryan Jones, you may wish to read up on the interview with him to get some insights on the method.

I'll share about the outcome of my trading review, don't think there will be much 'enlightening' stuff, but its a necessary process for me as a trader to reset my foundations for better results.