Adsense Leaderboard

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Commitments of Traders (COT) - Apr 08

The COT for Mar 08 is out, click on the following links for the currency that you are interested in:
COT 04/21 - CAD (Bullish)
COT 04/21 - EUR (Bearish)
COT 04/21 - GBP (Bullish)
COT 04/21 - CHF (Neutral)
COT 04/21 - JPY (Bearish)
COT 04/21 - AUD (Bullish but Forming Top)
COT 04/21 - NZD (Bullish)

I hadn't had the time to really look at the charts in detail, but generally I think there are many diagonals that are currently forming. This is also pretty much inline with what DailyFX is saying.

Some of my open trades right now are:
a) Short AUDUSD
I hope that the above COT is correct and that AUDUSD is forming a top. Based on my charts, I see a diagonal (see weekly or daily chart) forming with negative divergence (on both weekly and daily charts!).

b) Short EURGBP
This is somewhat of a riskier trade because fundamentally, GBP is expected to cut rates and EUR seems to be rather hawkish - basically, fundamentals appear to favour upside for EURGBP I think. But again, based on the charts, and the above COTs - Bullish GBPUSD and Bearish EURUSD, I'm somewhat more comforted for this trade.

c) Short EURUSD
Yes, I'm bearish on the EURUSD too because I think a diagonal is forming (and should be completing soon). You'll also see some negative divergence on the daily and 4-hourly charts.

That's all for now and good luck for your trading!