Adsense Leaderboard

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Chartered Market Technician (CMT)

While studying for my Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exam, I came across a new (new to me at least) designation called the Chartered Market Technician (CMT). I thought I had previously written about it, but it appears I hadn't.

The CMT is mainly for technical traders and shows that a market technician has both broad-base and in-depth knowledge on technical aspects of the markets. It is something that I will consider going for in future, but since I'm already working on my CFA I'll leave it for another time. Somehow though, I think the CMT exam is somewhat easier to tackle if you have a keen interest in technicals and have already been reading books on the subject extensively. If you take a look at the recommended readings, you will find that these are common TA books in the markets.

Well, anyone interested to give it a shot? :)

More info via the Market Technicians Association website.