Adsense Leaderboard

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Commitments of Traders (COT)

I had come across COT many months back when I was first learning about trading the Forex spot markets, but I really hadn't had the time to study its use thoroughly. And while fairly common for commodities, I think not many Forex traders are fully aware of what COT is, or how to use it for trading. Or perhaps the professional traders are aware, but most retail traders aren't.

Rather than attempt to provide a half-baked explanation of what the COT is, I'd rather point you to an appropriate source to read up on it : Using COT Report To Forecast FX Movements

If you are a frequent reader of Forex news from various website, you may have also come across mentions of COTS and how it is used as a bullish or bearish indicator : Euro Extremely Bullish According to COT

I hadn't been paying much attention to COT thus far, but I think its a legitimate tool to look at for trading the markets. If anyone dives into this, do let me know how it turns out for you.

To Everyone - Have a Happy and Prosperous Chinese New Year!