Adsense Leaderboard

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Elliot Wave Theory (EWT)

Not going to talk about my trades today, but basically, GBPUSD had a volatile Black Friday and that caused me some losses on some of my trades. And I committed another one of the major traders' sins.... I got lazy I didn't review my trades. Though I quickly made the losses back, those could have been profits.

Now, back to the topic of the post - Elliot Wave Theory. I came across this theory briefly in the book "Technical Analysis Explained" by Martin Pring. It was a very short sub-section on it, and it really didn't get too much attention from me then. I've since become rather interested in EWT and I think it has very good predictive properties.

One thing I learnt about trading tools is this, there are leading indicators and there are lagging indicators. Many lagging indicators are way too slow for trading FX, so mostly, I look for leading indicators. While EWT isn't exactly an indicator, it is a good tool to trade with.

Check out www.elliotwave.com for some free videos on EWT.